Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Slowly but surely. . . it will happen!

Had my appointment this morning. The doctor said that today's the day for the trigger and Friday will be the retrieval. Then I got a call at lunch that they've changed their minds and I will need to continue my meds for one more day and return for another ultrasound and blood draw tomorrow (Thursday). The plan is now to trigger on Thursday and have the egg retrieval on Saturday. This will give the smaller follicles one more chance to get caught up to the others. Let's hope the plan doesn't change again :)

Today's visit went well, my estrogen is at 947 and progesterone is at .92. Below are the follicle sizes that were measured today:

Left side: 16, 16, 15, 15, 14, 13, 12, 12
Right side: 18, 15, 12

Again, they prefer them to be around 18 mm at the time of trigger, so they may not all be mature enough or contain an egg.

Holding my breath that tomorrow I get the thumbs up for an egg retrieval on Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Things are progressing! Hope you're handling all the stimulating drugs okay... Will check back tomorrow so keep us posted! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! Sounds like things are growing and progressing. Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope things go well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete