Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Embryo Transfer

First off, let me start by saying that my heart has been with my entire family today. I cannot stop thinking about my niece Kimberly. Such a tragic loss to our family. I considered canceling the transfer today, but the doctor said it's not an option, it's now or never. I know Kim was with me in that room today, my thoughts and prayers are with her.


The transfer went picture perfect. We had 5 embryos which made for a very tough decision. I knew going in there today, that freezing any for future use was not an option for me. I cannot go through this process one more time. It is just too emotional and stressful.

That said, we made the difficult decision to transfer 4 embryos. 3 were grade A and 1 was grade B. Below is the ultrasound where you can see them circled in red, and pics of the little kiddos before they were transferred! 





The one we chose not to transfer was a grade C. I really only wanted to transfer 3 as we have done in the past, but if that didn't work, I don't want to ever question why I didn't put that fourth one in since it was good quality.

Now it is time for me to rest and be with my family. Please pray for us over the coming weeks as these babies snuggle in for the long haul!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that the transfer went well, and sorry to hear about your niece. I am sure that Kim was watching over and will continue to do so throughout this process. We will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Angie! Come on babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your niece Angie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    So happy to hear that you had so many great embryos to choose from though! They look amazing and I'm glad to hear that the transfer went flawlessly.

    We are all thinking of you over the next few weeks and hoping for fantastic news shortly. Let the waiting begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Angie - I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful niece. That is devastating.

    i think you made the best decision with your four embryos!!!

    I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hoping that peace finds you all soon.

    ReplyDelete