Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meds are on their way!

Finally.

I am excited to report that I will be getting some of my prescriptions this weekend from a local pharmacy, and some via mail through a fertility pharmacy . . . I finally feel like we may actually be going through with this after all!

I had a chance to talk with the nurse, sounds like my protocol this time will be quite different from those I've been through in the past. I will not be using Lupron this time, which will make things go a little quicker. I am also going to be taking some meds I've never taken before. I haven't seen the bill for the meds yet, but am expecting it to be around $3,000. They are putting me on the highest dosage of Follistim possible, this medication is VERY expensive. If I remember correctly, each injection costs around $300-400 per DAY.

I'll post my protocol when I get it in the mail, and pics of the medications when they arrive. A very exciting day indeed!

I don't know if I've shared this with too many of you before, but I'll put this link up here for good luck. This was the first time we ever got to see Carson's beating heart over 3 years ago. The most amazing time in my life! Copy and paste into your browser. . .

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/angelabiermeier/?action=view&current=07-53-49.mp4

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! So glad that you finally got things figured out with the nurse. I'm also excited that your protocol eliminates the Lupron this time. Hopefully this will bring you a great response! Can't wait to see all the meds and loved the video of sweet Carson's heart beating away.

    ReplyDelete