Friday, September 23, 2011

Grow Follies Grow!

Well we made it back from a successful trip to Florida, Carson did amazingly well on the plane. It was a wonderful trip, just wish it could have lasted longer! We visited Busch Gardens where we got to meet Elmo, Zoe, Grover, Cookie Monster, Abbie and Big Bird. We also stopped at the Clearwater Aquarium to see Winter, the star of A Dolphin's Tale. They filmed most of the movie at the Aquarium, so it was an exciting place to visit the week of the movie release! We also had some family come to visit us and got to spend time on the beach and at the pool. Overall it was a great trip, below are a couple photos I thought I'd share!





Today was my baseline visit at the fertility clinic. Dr. Pritts did the mock transfer to make sure everything will go okay the day of my actual transfer which will be in a couple weeks. They also did an ultrasound and took some blood work to make sure my estrogen is below 50. Today was also when the payment was due for the IVF which came to $9800. My next doctor appointment will be on Monday for a repeat ultrasound and blood draw.

I started my shots tonight, it's been a few years and I'm on some meds I've never been on before so it was a little confusing since each medication has it's own needle. The 450 IU of follistim was pretty routine, you use only one needle to administer the medication, which will be helping me to grow multiple follicles. Then I had to draw up the Luveris with one needle to mix the medication and use a separate needle to administer, this medication also assists with egg production. I am still taking 9 pills a day as well and on Thursday will most likely start a third shot, Ganirelix.

So for now, it's just pills, shots, acupuncture and eating healthy . . .

1 comment:

  1. Yay for finally getting started with injections! Sounds like your baseline and mock transfer went well. I'm hoping the new protocol does the trick for you this time. Transfer day will be here before you know it! Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete