Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Frustrating . . .

Before going through with our IVF, there were many tests that needed to be done in preparation before we can proceed. Jeremy and I have already completed all of our blood work, additional testing and surgery. I think coordinating these between our Family Practice Doctor, OB, Fertility Doctors and Insurance were the hardest part. You see, when you are labeled as having infertility, EVERY test you have from that point on is questioned as to whether it is fertility-related or not. Insurance will cover nothing if it is at all related to infertility.

As if that part is not frustrating enough, playing phone tag with doctors and nurses is another joy I've been dealing with. I have to get my meds ordered and to me by this weekend in case my cycle starts. I've been trying to get this done since last week and the fertility nurse has dropped the ball yet again. I'm hoping to hear from her tomorrow. I have to be home when the meds are delivered because some of them require refrigeration, which means I need to get them ordered tomorrow for a Thursday delivery. We'll see if it all works out!

Let's just hope I can finally start this IVF, I'm SO excited and hopeful. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment